From Sinclair Wiki
Infobox: Chloe 280SE
|CPU||Z804C0020 @ 3.5MHz / 21MHz|
|as pages||64kB + 64kB + 128kB|
|Gfx Res||256×192 or 512×192 (hi-res)|
|Gfx Colours||256 (2 per 8×8 or 8×1 cell), or 2 (hi-res)|
The Chloe 280SE was originally a reference specification for a production version of the ZX Spectrum SE. It had the following differences:
- T-states are exactly as per the 48K Spectrum.
- 256K total RAM (no page 8 in the HOME bank, and no 8K serial RAM on the PSG)
- 224K of uncontended RAM (64K in each sideways bank, 96K in the HOME bank)
- 32K of contended VRAM (page 5 and 7 in the HOME bank)
- No RAM contention when paging sideways RAM over the HOME bank.
- 32K Flash ROM (no TR-DOS traps, SE Basic IV is the default firmware).
- ULAplus support in all video modes.
- Z84C0020PEG CPU (software switchable between 3.5Mhz and 21Mhz).
- YM219F PSG (software switchable stereo panning).
It subsequently became an FPGA project not directly related to the ZX Spectrum.