The aim of this wiki is to provide an up to date repository for Sinclair related information on the internet.
If you would like to contribute to articles please register/log in.
The wiki is slowly growing, there are several full articles now but it still needs contributions. Please take a look at SinclairFAQ talk:What Needs Doing to see what parts of the wiki you can help with.
Frequently asked questions—start here!
- Original models: ZX Spectrum 16K/48K | ZX Spectrum 128 | ZX Spectrum +2 | ZX Spectrum +2A/2B, +3/3B | Timex 2000 series
- Compatible systems and clones: T34VG1 | SAM Coupé | Speccy2010 | ZX Spectrum SE
- Components: Schematics | AY-3-8912 | ZX Spectrum ULA | Z80 | ZX Spectrum edge connector
- Behaviour: Contended memory | Contended I/O | Floating bus | Spectrum Video Modes
Hardware maintenance: Replacement Components
- Floppy drives: External floppy drives on the Spectrum +3 | Beta Disk | +D | DISCiPLE | Didaktik 80 | MB-02+ | Opus Discovery
- Other storage: DivIDE | ZX Interface 1 (Microdrive and ZX Network) | Messenger | Mirage Microdriver | Multiface One/128/3 | Rotronics Wafadrive
- Mouse/joystick: AMX Mouse | Kempston | ZX Interface 2
- Printers: ZX Printer
- Speech synthesis: SP0256
- Networking: Spectranet
- Modern hardware
- Native: FZX | Spectrum tape interface
- Disk: DSK/EDSK | UDI | TRD/SCL | MGT/IMG | OPD/OPU | D40/D80 | HDF
- Tape: PZX | TAP | TZX
- Snapshot: SNA | Z80 | ZX-State (SZX)
The Tech Wiki which contains corrections to some of the material in the c.s.s faq reference section, and details of new projects such as the ULAplus, and the "128Ke" idealised Spectrum 128K specification.
The comp.sys.sinclair FAQ which contains the majority of the technical information about the Sinclair ZX80, ZX81, and Spectrum range of computers