ZX Spectrum +2A/2B, +3/3B
Revision as of 18:59, 24 October 2010 by Guesser (Created page with " ==Hardware== Both the +3 and Black +2 have the following hardware specifications: * Processor: Zilog Z80A microprocessor clocked at 3.5469MHz. * ROM: 64KB ROM. 2*32KB EPROM a...")
Both the +3 and Black +2 have the following hardware specifications:
- Processor: Zilog Z80A microprocessor clocked at 3.5469MHz.
- ROM: 64KB ROM. 2*32KB EPROM arranged in 4 pages of 16KB.
- RAM: 128KB of Dynamic RAM, arranged in 8 pages of 16KB.
- Graphics: 256 x 129 pixels, 16 colours, attribute based. See Spectrum Video Modes.
- Sound: AY-3-8912 3 channel, 8 octave Programmable Sound Generator and "beeper". Modulated onto video signal.
- Keyboard: 58 plastic keys with metal springs, operating a plastic membrane.
- I/O: Software controlled RS232 serial port. AUX Port. Tape In (ear) and Tape Out (mic). Two Sinclair SJS Joystick Ports. Parallel Printer Port
The +3 has the following additional components:
- Floppy Disc Controller: Zilog Z0765A (uPD765A).
- I/O: "Disk B:" External disk drive connector.
The Black +2 has the following additional components:
- Cassette interface daughterboard.
- "Datacorder" cassette mechanism.