Infobox: Chloe 140SE
|CPU||Z804C0020 @ 3.5MHz / 21MHz|
|Gfx Res||256×192 or 512×192 (hi-res)|
|Gfx Colours||256 (2 per 8×8 or 8×1 cell), or 2 (hi-res)|
The Chloe 140SE is a reference specification for a simplified version of the ZX Spectrum SE. Unlike the 280SE, it is not able to emulate T/S2000 BASIC or run Timex 2068 software as it has no sideways RAM. It has the following differences:
- T-states are exactly as per the 48K Spectrum.
- 128K total RAM (no page 8 in the HOME bank, and no 8K serial RAM on the PSG, no Timex RAM).
- 96K of uncontended RAM (96K in the HOME bank)
- 32K of contended VRAM (page 5 and 7 in the HOME bank)
- 32K Flash ROM (no TR-DOS traps, SE Basic IV is the default firmware).
- ULAplus support in all video modes.
- Z84C0020PEG CPU (software switchable between 3.5Mhz and 21Mhz).
- YM219F PSG (software switchable stereo panning).